In keeping with the rustic vibes of your Scandi children’s bedroom furniture, consider crafting a DIY teddy bear rug. In case you were wondering, it is exactly what the name implies: a bear rug made out of a teddy bear. This way you can extend the lifespan of your growing child's favorite teddy bear by repurposing it into something unique! And crafting one is as easy as it can be.
What You’ll Need
- 1 large teddy bear
- Needle and thread
- 1 sheet of felt in a matching color
- Spray adhesive
Making a DIY Teddy Bear Rug
- Using your scissors, cut through the belly of the teddy bear and empty out all the stuffing. Make sure not to do this in front of any children to avoid traumatizing them. You’ll also want the stuffed animal to be big enough to make a rug out of it.
- Wash the unstuffed teddy bear on a gentle cycle with low spin (or no spin) and let it dry.
- Re-fill just the head with stuffing and sew it shut so that none of the stuffing falls out.
- Position teddy on the felt with the limbs stretched out and trace a rough outline of it.
- Cut out the outline you traced on the felt and spray the glue on one side of it. Position the bear belly down on the felt and press it down firmly. You’ll want to let it dry until the next morning before displaying it in the DIY kids’ room.
Complete the little one’s Scandinavian bedroom with a DIY nature-themed mural, a plush reindeer or two, and a patterned felt banner as a DIY wall decor.
Crafting bedroom furniture for kids can be a fun and rewarding experience. And the nature-inspired simplicity of the Scandi style makes it an easy home project. Plus, you can ask your kiddos to supervise or help with the less-dangerous aspects to make it a family-bonding experience!